Steph created the Six For Sunday challenge, and this quarter’s prompts are here! I would literally rather be stranded by myself than with 99% of the people in the known universe but I will try and answer this in some kind of logical way.
If I was going to be stranded on a desert island, I would want:
- Circe: Circe from, well, Circe is an island queen. A goddess. She’s incredible, and she can walk all over me. She can also help me survive island living and use the time we have to teach me magic and teach me how to turn misogynistic men into actual pigs. Eat the rude, baby, eat the rude.
- Jamie: Jamie from Lost Boy by Christina Henry is brilliant. He’s used to being trapped on an island, he’s probably good at finding food and if he’s used to looking after the lost boys he could help look after my dumb arse. He also, later, knows how to sail a ship, so if we got a chance to get off the island he could captain us to safety.
- Red: Red from Christina Henry’s Girl in Red is a survivor. She’s bad-ass, used to post-apocalyptic situations and she takes zero shit. She’d probably be off doing her own thing most of the time, but she’d got a kind heart somewhere under all that grouch so I fully believe that if I was in danger she would help me.
- Katniss: I think Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games is an obvious choice here and a lot of people would have said it. But she knows how to hunt for food, and how to avoid poisonous plants and foods.
- Alex Rider: Alex Rider from Anthony Horowitz’s series is innovative and resourceful. He’d be able to teach me all sorts of valuable skills, and besides. We’d only be stranded until MI-6 needed Alex again and then they’d come and rescue us.
- Jo: not a character, but my best friend. She’s as useless as I am (love you) but honestly? If I have to suffer through being stuck on an island, she can suffer with me.
See you next week for the next Six For Sunday!
3 thoughts on “#SixforSunday : Characters I’d Like to Be Stranded With”
I can’t believe I forgot Katniss for my list!!! Great choices.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I needed sensible people! I would not be able to look after myself! I’m! Baby!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Circe is such a good answer! I never would’ve thought about her, but that’d be so entertaining 😂