Steph created the Six For Sunday challenge, and this quarter’s prompts are here!
The logic behind me picking each of these characters is kind of weird but, hey! I never said I’m logical. Here’s six characters and the traits I’d like to borrow from them to build my own Frankenstein’d personality.
- Alex Rider from his titular series. I made a joke when writing my Eagle Strike review that he walked immense trauma off in ten days while it takes me six to eight weeks to get over a mild inconvenience, and it’s true. I would love Alex’s steadfast strength, his courage and his ability to improvise on the fly.
- Kaz Brekker from Six of Crows for the brains, but maybe with a little extra heart. Kaz is brilliant, in a chaotic kind of way. But he’s always thinking twenty steps ahead, and the way he controls the world around him is pretty bad-ass.
- Rey from the Star Wars sequel trilogy is a complete inspiration to me. She’s been through a lot, she knows how to survive on her own but she still believes in the best in people. I absolutely love that, and I wish I was more like her. Being a goddamn Jedi would be awesome too, but it’s Rey’s personality that I adore.
- Nova Artino from the Renegades series, but mostly because I fully and whole-heartedly want to steal her super-power. Nova can put people to sleep, but more interestingly, she doesn’t need to sleep. Ever. Or feel tired. I could get so much done if I didn’t ever sleep again.
- Annette from Belle Révolte is incredible. She ends up, against all odds, in Comtess Emilie de Marais’s place at a magical school, and what does she do with the privilege of being a Comtess? She fights for those who don’t have her newfound platform and fights against societal expectations to make things better for those she’s left behind. It’s inspiring, and motivates me to do better things with the voice I’m privileged enough to have.
- Artemis from Greek Mythology. Artemis has always been My Goddess. I love her to death. I love her huntresses, strong women being cool as shit, and I especially love modern adaptations like those in Nikita Gill’s Great Goddesses where Artemis is out to hunt down men who hurt innocent women. I wanna be that kind of goddess.
See you next week for the next Six For Sunday!