It’s 2022, babeys! I had an incredible reading year in 2021, alongside getting a new job, a kitten and getting engaged! Let’s wrap up my 2021 and have some fun with stats before setting my goals for 2022.
How did my 2021 goals go?
- Read 208 books: Ahahahaha. Okay. I smashed this. I got into audiobooks this year, and that was a game-changer, especially when I started listening to audiobooks at work. In 2021, I read 435 books. I’ll break these down further in my reading wrap up. But I’d call this a roaring success.
- Netgalley 90%+: Once I’d gotten my Netgalley percentage up from 88% to 90%, I managed to keep it there! I’m currently at 95% and I’ve been sitting there most of the year.
- Review copies under 10: This one fluctuated a lot. I’m currently sitting at 10 review copies, but I’m being much more selective about what I want to request – meaning I’m reading them sooner.
- Reach 75% owned books read: I am ridiculously proud of this one. I’m currently sitting at 90% of my owned books have been read, and….
- Reduce owned TBR: I’ve focused primarily on reading my owned TBR. In November 2020, I had 224 unread owned books. As of January 1st 2022, I have 74 unread owned books! I’m so pleased with this, and this year I’m going to see if I can get it down to 25 unread owned books – with my eventual goal to fit all my unread books on my book cart at any one time.
- Operation: Stop hoarding books: FAIL – I totally forgot about this. The less said the better.
- Keep my Netgalley percentage over 95%, and hit 98% at least once!
- Keep my review copies to read in single digits – continuing this target from last year because it did help.
- Reach 25 unread owned books! This might be a bit ambitious, but fuck it.
- Read 365 books – yes this is lower than last year’s reading, but I don’t want to over-pressure myself.
- Read more non-fiction! I really enjoyed some of the non-fiction I read in December 2021, so I want to read some more this year.
- Complete the 12-in-12 challenge!
- A Master of Djinn
- Ancillary Justice
- Bloody Spade
- Come Closer
- The Vanished Birds
- The Dinosaur Artist
- The Erasure Initiative
- Chilling Effect
- This is Going to Hurt
- The X Ingredient
2021 in summary!
I read 435 books, of which 34 were DNFs and 58 rereads. I finished the year with 3 books on my currently reading list.
Have you got any 2022 goals?
If you’re interested in seeing how I track my library and my reading, click through to see my post and access my spreadsheets.
If you want to tip the creator, you can find me on Ko-fi here!